There are very few places in the world where you can enjoy
fabulous scenery, gourmet food, unique beach front accommodation, spectacular fishing and ancient rock art – all combined with unparalleled hospitality in a remote wilderness location.
About our Coastal Camp
Established in 1994 Kimberley Coastal Camp is nestled on the pristine shores of the Admiralty Gulf in the heart of the great Kimberley wilderness.
Why Kimberley Coastal Camp?
Truly remote: Kimberley Coastal Camp is the most exclusive retreat in the Top End. A place for the heart and soul, limiting guests to just 12, creating an intimate atmosphere while reducing the impact on this fragile environment. When we say we’re isolated and pristine – we mean it.
A benchmark in wilderness development with access limited to helicopter or float plane, it would be hard to find a place that intrudes less on its surroundings.
Wild dingoes, sea eagles, olive pythons, endangered quolls, and many other native animals share this country known to traditional owners as ‘Yalrundair’.
From the moment you step onto the white beach ‘doorstep’ at Kimberley Coastal Camp, you feel like you are one of very few people for hundreds of kilometres. You are.
Befitting its ideal location, the atmosphere at Kimberley Coastal Camp is relaxed and unpretentious. There are no pre-set itineraries here. You set the pace and can be as active or laid back as you like.
Our staff are like our family. Passionate, interested, knowledgeable guides and hosts will ensure your stay at Kimberley Coastal Camp exceeds all expectations. We love them, and you will too.
Explore on foot, by boat or helicopter this ancient land and experience the local birds, wildlife, bush tucker, and medicines first hand.
From natural Australian made toiletries to solar power, and everything in between, our approach to protecting this unique part of the world is evident in everything we do.
You may prefer to take it easy on the boat, cruising and picnicking on deserted islands fringed by Boab trees, or sipping a cool drink from the day bed. The choices are yours.
Kimberley Coastal Camp took home awards at the 2012 North West Tourism Awards in the categories of Eco Tourism and Cultural Tourism.
Words from the amazing people who have stayed with us
- Coming from Sydney I was not sure what to expect. The natural beauty witnessed from the Coastal Camp was stunning. We walked 30 minutes to witness Aboriginal rock art and their truly amazing culture. Its great exercise and an experience you will not find in Pitt Street Sydney. Caught plenty of massive fish, and working for Toyota I can say “oh what a feeling’. Food was better than the best Sydney restaurants. Go and experience it.
- Fantastic Trip. Great food, fish, and hospitality. Keep up the great work! P.S. One of my favourite Kimberley trips ever!
- Returning to this ‘paradise’ – yes the memories were not dreams. Thank you to the KCC friends for all the comforts they provide.
- How fortunate I feel to have seen such perfections in this glorious country of ours. Warmest thanks to you all for these new friendships xxx
- This is my 10th visit and I return home always refreshed, challenged and in ‘awe’ of KCC. It is just the most spirited place! As ever the staff, guides, food and camaraderie is unsurpassed. My sincere thanks – I will be returning!
- This is my first time in the Kimberley and to KCC but won’t be my last. For me, it was a very special experience made so by a dedicated and very friendly crew – Jordan, Jimmy, Julie and Macka, thanks very much. I will be back!!